[Ace-users] Getting started with ACE (noobish)

jims jmspring at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 12:11:20 CDT 2007

I am embarking upon the development of some new server apps and have
been looking at ACE to use for certain components -- thread pools,
shared memory, and a couple of others.

I know that the "Software Development Guidelines" suggest using the
ACE equivalents for things like main ie ACE_TMAIN, etc. for
portability purposes.  However, if I am not concerned about
portability of things like strings / etc.  Is there any downside to
using ACE in a piecemeal fashion?  I don't mean this in a design /
patterns way, but more in a straightforward code usage way.

Thanks
-jim