[Ace-users] [ciao-users] saving and loading the state of a component

Friedhelm Wolf friedhelm.wolf at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 12 08:46:06 CDT 2007

CIAO VERSION: 0.5.8
TAO VERSION : 1.5.8
ACE VERSION : 5.5.8

HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
    i686 pc, SUSE linux Enterprise Server 9, Kernel 2.6.5

COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
    gcc 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux)

THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE:
    #include "config-linux.h"

THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE :
    include $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform-linux.GNU

CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features
    (used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles):
    N/A

AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
    CIAO container implementation

SYNOPSIS:
    saving and loading the state of a component

    Hi there,

    I'm looking for a way to save the internal state of a CCM component,
    including component specific data, in order to resume component
    operation after restarting a component.

    I'm aware that there are different types of component containers,
    which have a certain persistence policy. Can you point me to some
    documentation about that?
    Are there any standard mechanisms, which I can use to store the
    internal state of my components?
    What is the current state of CIAO, concerning such features?

    Thanks,
         Friedhelm