[ace-users] How do we make use of a notification Service without Naming service?

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Jul 18 04:14:32 CDT 2007

Hi Prakash,

>   I am using TAP 1.5.9 and I want to use Notification Service without
>using Naming service.
>I run Notification service as follows
>      ${ACE_TAO}/bin/Notify_Service -Boot -NoNameSvc -IORoutput
>notify.ior &
>ior is created by name notify.ior.
>
>Now How do I use this ior (notify.ior) in my supplier and consumer
>program?

If you don't use the Naming Service then you'll need to find some
other way to pass the IOR to your supplier and consumer.  Examples
include:

. Hard coding this IOR into your supplier/consumer programs.

. Passing this IOR as an environment variable, file, or command-line
  argument to your supplier/consumer programs.

Take care,

Nashville, TN 37203                          NET: d.schmidt at vanderbilt.edu