[Ace-users] Re: [tao-users] ACE+TAO-Help

Steve Totten totten_s at ociweb.com
Mon Jul 30 08:39:18 CDT 2007

Hi Melody,

Douglas C. Schmidt wrote:
> Hi Melody,
>
>> I am looking for some CORBA source codes, so I thought it is a good
>> idea to build TAO and ACE (correct me if I am wrong), but in the
>> process of building these two, my compiler complains about some header
>> files which do not exist, I googled but I couldn't find any solution,
>> is there any mailing list that I can sign up for help or is there any
>> chance that you please guide me through this.
>
> In addition to subscribing to the TAO mailing list and posting your
> question there please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem
> report form (PRF)

In addition to Dr. Schmidt's suggestions, please have a look at
the basic build instructions for Windows and Linux in the TAO
FAQ:

http://www.theaceorb.com/faq/index.html#HowToBuildACEandTAOonWindows
http://www.theaceorb.com/faq/index.html#HowToBuildACEandTAOonLinux

You may have to adjust these build instructions a little depending
upon your platform and version of ACE+TAO.  You are welcome to ask
for help.  If you need "predictable" support for ACE+TAO, please
contact one of the commercial support companies listed here:

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/commercial-support.html

Good luck!

Steve