[ace-users] Segmentation fault when running with ACE

Steve Huston shuston at riverace.com
Mon Jun 11 08:38:35 CDT 2007

Hi Murali,

> I was using ACE 5.4.4 with Fedora core2. Now I've upgraded
> ACE to version 5.5.8 to work with Redhat EL 5. Initially I
> faced some issues with Compiling. It gave "undefined
> reference" error while compiling. I have included -frepo
> -shared options in LDFLAGS and I'm able to compile now. But
> when I start my application it gives segmentation fault error
> even before the main function is called. Would that be the
> problem with the build or improper LDFLAGS.

I don't know if anyone has ported/tested ACE on RHEL 5 yet. It's one
of the platforms that's up for sponsorship at
http://www.riverace.com/sponsor.htm - please let me know if you're
interested in (co-)sponsoring it.

Best regards,
-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Would you like ACE to run great on your platform?