[Ace-users] Re: [tao-users] porting from omniORB to TAO

Thomas Lockhart Thomas.Lockhart at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jun 11 11:20:05 CDT 2007

> Are there some documents in the web about it?
> What about interoperability between omniORB and TAO?
> Has someone used this combination?

We use omniORBpy in combination with TAO without noticeable issues.

I've done some experiments with small test programs to have code which
compiles against both TAO and omniORB. At a minimum the code needs some
#ifdefs to choose the correct IDL header files.

Server-side code typically will need some #ifdef'd blocks since
server-side internals are not specified in the CORBA standard and there
are some differences.

If your app is pretty plain-vanilla, then the differences are probably
minor.

hth

                      - Tom

--