[Ace-users] Notification channel w/o CORBA::Any

Boc bogdan.jeram at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 13:28:23 CDT 2007

Hi all,

if i understand correctly it is not possible to send an event to the
notification channel without using CORBA::Any.
If we put data into filterable_data.value of
CosNotification::StructuredEvent or remainder_of_body  field we have
always CORBA::Any there.

Since converting a value to a CORBA::Any is expensive, especially for
complex IDL structures I wonder if it is possible to send an event
(IDL structure) that it is not explicitly or implicitly converted to
CORBA::Any. In other word I would like to avoid using CORBA::Any when
I send events to the Notification channel.

Thank you for any help and/or hint.

Bogdan