[ace-users] ACE/TAO: connect TAO 1.5.8 client to older TAO server.

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Fri Jun 15 06:16:27 CDT 2007

Hi Michael,

> thank you for the reply,

You are very welcome.

Yes, that's a good idea - it sounds like you're using a VERY old
version!  In general, if you're using OCI's version of TAO we recommend
sending your questions to taosupport at ociweb.com since they provide
excellent commercial support for their releases of TAO.

> > Hopefully, someone will be able to give you some tips on how to make
> > things work together.  If not, I recommend you contact one of the
> > companies listed at
> >
> > http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/support.html
> >
> > for commercial support.
>
> If I can spend money on support (which is what I would like to, since it would make my job faster :-) will depend on my employer...
>
> For now it would be helpful to know a general way to make the IORs or the GIOPs compatible between old and new versions.

There's no reason that things shouldn't work, but I suggest you contact
OCI since you're using their version of TAO.

> Thanks for any hints and Greetings from Berlin!

Greetings from Dublin - where it is cold and rainy ;-)