[ace-users] Trying to adding an ACE_TTY_IO handler to the reactor.

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Fri Jun 15 06:27:57 CDT 2007

Hi Kim,

Thanks very much for your email.  Please make sure to send all
questions related to TAO or ACE to the ACE mailing list or ACE+TAO
newsgroup.

> I now changed the used register_handler() to your suggestion.  It now
> runs, but never handle the incoming RS232 events.  I put a breakpoint
> in Rs232Handler::handle_input( ACE_HANDLE ), and it never stops there.

Right, that's correct - handle_input() isn't supposed to get called in
this caes.  Here's a snippet of the documentation I sent you that
explains how things work:

   /**
    * Register handler for OS events.
    *
    * Register an <event_handler> that will be notified when
    * <event_handle> is signaled.  This will call back its
    * <handle_signal> hook method.

Please see Chapter 4 of C++NPv2 <www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE/book2/>
for more details and examples.