[Ace-users] Re: [tao-users] suppress message from tao_idl

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Jun 19 12:04:04 CDT 2007

Hi Chris,

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:22:48 AM -0500, Chris Cleeland wrote:
> On Jun 19, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Jeff Parsons wrote:
>> So I think what will be added is something like a -Q
>> flag to suppress the 'processing xxx.idl' output.
>
> Why not make the default silent, and add an option for verbosity?

We now share the same front-end for multiple backends; we want the
diagnostic on by default for two of the backends, since we process more
than one IDL file at a time.  The CORBA backend is the one where we process
only one file at a time.  So in terms of maintenance, we need to change at
two places if we need to disable it by default.  Even if we did it, tao_idl
was never completely silent on Windows.  Is there any major issue with the
diagnostic, e.g., is it screwing up the scoreboard output or something?  If
not, it's better to just leave it as it is.

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at dre dot vanderbilt dot edu>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt University