[Ace-users] : QoS parameters in ciao component

perrone rperrones at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 07:55:24 CST 2007

On 5 nov, 11:50, Friedhelm Wolf <fw... at dre.vanderbilt.edu> wrote:
> Hi Ricardo,
>
> > sorry, but i have two simple questions to do... is it possible to
> > configure QoS parameters like execution time, period and number of
> > threads for one real-time operation via xml descriptor? In TAO this
>
> It is possible to use the TAO Realtime event service for communication
> between event ports of components. If you need real-time communication
> on asynchronous communication, this might be worth looking at.
> The documentation for these features is not all-encompassing at the
> moment, but I am happy to provide more information if you like.
> Until now there is no support for Scheduling Service configuration, but
> it is envisioned to add that at some point.
>
> Thanks,
> Friedhelm

Hi Friedhelm

at now i am using an two-way operation to request, and isn't clear for
me how  ciao performs an client request by default. In ciao's example
directory, the components are started without any information about
execution time or period of threads or even numbers of threads
associated. The deployment plans don't have any informations about
this QoS parameters or links to file that contains xml tags to
describes this. In ($CIAO/examples/Hello/descriptors_RTCCM) there is
only information about Thread Pool lanes, but what are the default
execution times of each thread that will process an incoming request
on server? Or what are the default execution time of each thread that
will perform an request on client?

Thanks for your suggestions
Ricardo