[Ace-users] [ace-users] Building SVN ACE on Mac OS 10.5

Doug McCorkle mccdo at iastate.edu
Tue Nov 6 15:43:08 CST 2007

On Nov 6, 2007, at 11:09 AM, Doug McCorkle wrote:

> On Nov 6, 2007, at 7:52 AM, J.T. Conklin wrote:
>
>> Hi Doug,

>>> Yes. That is the problem. To debug this there is a define:
>>>
>>> ACE_DONT_INCLUDE_ACE_SIGNAL_H
>>>
>>> This then showed the problem clearly. I am unable to find where
>>> this:
>>>
>>> -I../../ACE_wrappers/ace
>>>
>>> is being added to compile line in Makefile.am.
>>
>> It's not being added in Makefile.am, it's being added by autoconf
>> when
>> Makefile.in is generated from Makefile.am.
>>
>> I've looked in past releases, and it turns out I remembered
>> correctly.
>> Adding DEFAULT_INCLUDES= to ACE_wrappers/ace/Makefile.am should be
>> all
>> that's needed.
>>
>> Can you add it at the same place CLEANFILES =, lib_LTLIBRARIES =,
>> etc. are now and let me know how it goes?
>
> I understand now. I misunderstood your previous email. I will put this
> in and hopefully that makes things work.

So, that fixed the problem with ACE compiling which is great. The only
thing I am not sure of now is how to create a patch to correct the
problem at the MPC level so that the Makefile.am file is correct from
the start. Any suggestions on that front?

I will clean up my changes for the m4 and configure.ac file and submit
a patch for the first problem.