[Ace-users] [ace-users] Task name in VxWorks

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Thu Oct 18 14:20:14 CDT 2007

Hi,

> You can already set the vxworks task name in ace when you
> spawn.  ACE
> already uses the task name for identifying the task in certain
> circumstances.  There's a bugzilla bug filed on an issue related to
> task name/task ID on vxworks, but I don't recall the number now.  I
> looked at fixing it for a customer, and it's a big can of worms.

I have worked on this a few hours and I have an updated source tree where
taskname/task id are reversed as they should have been years ago. We are
going to run several test builds on our VxWorks PPC603/x86 targets next
week. We have made some more changes to improve the port of ACE/TAO to
VxWorks. We will commit the changes to the main repository, we want to get
them in before releasing x.6.2.