[Ace-users] [tao-users] TAO/CIAO + OpenDDS dependency?

Sowayan, Abdullah (N-DUA) abdullah.sowayan at lmco.com
Fri Sep 7 12:38:06 CDT 2007

TAO VERSION: 1.6
CIAO VERSION: 0.6

HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz
Fedora Core 5

TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz
Fedora Core 5

COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
gcc (GCC) 4.1.0 20060304 (Red Hat 4.1.0-3) with no patches known

THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform-
specific file, simply state which one]:

#include "ace/config-linux.h

THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you
use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one
(unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual
C++)]:

static_libs_only=1
include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_linux.GNU
optimize=0
debug=1
exceptions=1
gen_ostream=1

CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features
(used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles):
gen_ostream=1

AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
[What example failed?  What module failed to compile?]

DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
COMPILATION
[Please indicate whether ACE, your application, or both are affected.]
My application.

I was using TAO/CIAO x.5.5, which works perfectly well for us. We were
in the process of upgrading to TAO/CIAO x.6.0. Now when we generate our
make files (using MPC) and try to build our system, we get messages such
as this:

GNUmakefile.PSCMDeviceDefs_stub:54: /rules.dds.GNU: No such file or
directory.

When we download OpenDDS and define DDS_ROOT, those messages disappear.

Has anyone experienced this? Something is brain damaged here.

Thanks,
Abdul