[Ace-users] [ciao-users] [CIAO-users]: General questions

Ricardo Perrone perrone at rocketmail.com
Mon Sep 17 22:57:24 CDT 2007

Hi,

    CIAO version 0.6
    TAO version 1.6
    ACE VERSION: 5.6

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
        Centrino Duo Core, Ubuntu 7.0.4-Feisty, kernel 2.6.20-16-generic

    COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
        gcc (GCC) 4.1.2

    THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE:
        #include "ace/config-linux.h"

    THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE:
        no_hidden_visibility=1
        include /usr/local/ACE_wrappers/include/makeinclude/platform_linux.GNU

    CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features:
     [there is no default.features file, but the gnuace and global features]
        qt=1
        fl=1
        tk=1
        xt=1
        cidl=1
        sctp=1
        zlib=1

I am trying to build the assembly to deploy in CIAO with DAnCE, but the tutorial "Step-by-step" is very hard to follow by one user without experience to construct manually all necessary descriptors files (.ccd, .cid, .iad, .cpd, .pcd, .cdd, .tpd, .cdp).
Are there any other script (like "generate_component_mpc.pl" ) that can generate all these files related to one or more components that needed be assembled/deployed? If no, i will appreciate any suggestion about others tutorials or papers that can be help me to construct these files
I was reading about the CoSMIC, and i would like to know if the descriptor files generated by this tools is fully compatible with linux environment?
I am considering to use this tool and later try to move the deployment plan to run with DAnCE on linux.

Thanks a lot