[Ace-users] Default JAWS File Retrieval - Filters?

joeymink at gmail.com joeymink at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 11:10:07 CDT 2007

ACE VERSION:
	5.5.7
HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
	N/A.
TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:
COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
	N/A

I'm trying to expose an HTTP interface to an existing application
(written in ACE).  I thought JAWS would be a good project to utilize
in order to do so...but I'm having trouble understanding how to extend/
customize JAWS.

Compiling ACE_ROOT/apps/JAWS/server as it's packaged from the download
gives me an HTTP server that attempts to return files that a client
requests.  From reading the white paper, I would assume that this
behavior is implemented in a Pipeline filter of some sort, but I can't
seem to locate this filter's code.  Is that filter located in the
'server' directory?

Any assistance or thoughts this group might have would be greatly
appreciated.