[ace-users] regcomp, regexec, regfree Problems on Linux

Joe Hoffert jhoffert at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Sep 25 09:58:24 CDT 2007

Hello, all.

I'm using regcomp, regexec, and regfree on Linux (i.e., Linux
2.6.22.5-76.fc7 #1 SMP Thu Aug 30 13:47:21 EDT 2007 i686 i686 i386
GNU/Linux) and I've run into memory leak problems. Doug Schmidt thought
that these problems had been seen before and suggested I post to this
group.

I originally just called regcomp once, regexec as many times as needed,
and then regfree once. However, valgrind tells me there are memory
problems. The only way I saw to fix the memory problems was to call
regcomp, regexec, and regfree consecutively (which defeats the purpose
of having regcomp).

Does anyone have any information on the problem I'm seeing?

Thanks for your help.

-Joe