[Ace-users] [tao-users] How to set the NS multicast discovery timeout

Hans Utz hans.utz at nasa.gov
Mon Feb 4 18:33:51 CST 2008

Hi Keith,

I don't think there is an option for that. - So you can hunt down the
timeout in the code base and recompile. But I'd suggest another route:

- Make the NS start with always the same IOR (specifying a port
   with the ORBEndpoint option is all it takes).
- Use the NameServiceIOR environment variable to point to locate the NS.
   (As the NS IOR does not change, you can put it in .bashrc etc.)
- Use specify the relative round trip timeout QoS for the NS-IOR,
   before using it.

It's standard, will work with any ORB and will also give you an
exception, if the network hangs somewhen later.

Cheers,
Hans