[Ace-users] [ciao-users] Use C++ class as parameter of a facet method

Sowayan, Abdullah (N-DUA) abdullah.sowayan at lmco.com
Thu Feb 21 10:35:27 CST 2008

Friedhelm,

>in addition to what Will and Abdul said, I have the feeling that you are
>looking for the possibility that keeps your command class free from
>CORBA at all, right?
>
>I never heard that something like this is, but someone else might
>correct me. Maybe the "local interface" keyword comes closest to what
>you are looking for?

A "local interface" is not free from CORBA, you still have to declare it in IDL and you still have to inherit some other stuff and abide by certain guidelines. Aside from all that, if you look at Santos' IDL

> interface ICommand {
>        void run_command (Command comm);
> };
>
> component CommandComponent
>       {
>          provides ICommand rm_fac;
> };

He's certainly declaring Command as an argument to the run_command method (it isn't clear if it is an in/out/inout parameter). A local interface is local to the process/ORB it is in, and can not be marshaled/demarshalled. So, I do not see how a local interface would help at all.

Thanks,
Abdul