[Ace-users] [ciao-users] Use C++ class as parameter of a facet method

Friedhelm Wolf fwolf at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Feb 21 10:53:15 CST 2008

Hi Abdul,

> He's certainly declaring Command as an argument to the run_command
> method (it isn't clear if it is an in/out/inout parameter). A local
> interface is local to the process/ORB it is in, and can not be
> marshaled/demarshalled. So, I do not see how a local interface would
> help at all.

I aggree with you, that a local interface is still not what he is
looking for. I just wanted to mention it, because its the type of IDL
element, that comes closest to what a local C++ class is. But you are
right, it does not help in order to have a way to integrate  pure C++
classes into a CORBA interface.

Thanks for clarifying that,
Friedhelm