[Ace-users] [tao-bugs] Tansient exception

yasmina at imf.u-bordeaux2.fr yasmina at imf.u-bordeaux2.fr
Mon Jan 21 09:28:45 CST 2008

 TAO VERSION: 1.4, released Wed Jan 14 18:46:49 2004.
 ACE VERSION: 5.4, released Wed Jan 14 18:45:46 2004.

      HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows XP
      COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): Visual studio 2005

     THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h:
    #define ACE_HAS_STANDARD_CPP_LIBRARY 1
    #include "ace/config-win32.h"

    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: EXECUTION

     SYNOPSIS:
       System exception :
      OMG minor code (2), described as 'No usable profile in IOR',
Completed = NO
when called on a transient ior.

I first launch a naming service with the option -m 1
I start the server that communicate its services
Then I launch clients that give the server a copy of their address.

During the execution of the program, server and clients are supposed to
perform a bidirectional communication. However, althought communication
from client to server works properly, the problem arises when a client try
to invoque a method on the server.

Note that this problem doesn't occur when the identical client source code
is compiled and launched under Linux (while the same server still run
under windows).

Thank you.