[Ace-users] [tao-users] ACE + TAO on Windows Clustered Environment

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Sat Jan 26 08:50:39 CST 2008

Hi Muthu,

> We have our product running on windows non-clustered environment.
>
> We want to move the product to windows cluster environment.
>
> We are currently using ACE 5.4.2 and TAO 1.4.2.

I recommend you consider upgrading to ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.2 (i.e., ACE
5.6.2, TAO 1.6.2, and CIAO 0.6.2), which you can download from

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu

under the heading: "Latest Beta Kit."

The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt
University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the
latest release, as described in

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

Thus, if you need more "predictable" help for earlier versions of
ACE+TAO, I recommend that you check out

for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial
support.

> Does ACE TAO work on Windows clustered Environment?

Sure, why not?

> If yes, What are things I should consider?

I'm not sure what you mean - what sorts of issues would need to be considered?

Nashville, TN 37203                          NET: d.schmidt at vanderbilt.edu