[Ace-users] [ace-users] Build for both x86 and x64 on windows system

Adam Mitz mitza at ociweb.com
Wed Mar 5 11:17:29 CST 2008

Steve Huston wrote:
> Hi Moti,
>

>> I used ACE 5.6 in our application and I need to build both x86
>> and x64 platform.
>>

> Ok.
>

>> Is there any option to separate the lib directory for x86 and x64
>> to allow done batch build for both system at the same build.
>>

> Yes - you can, but you'll need to regenerate the projects with MPC,
> and you may need to twiddle some settings a bit.
>
> However, it'll be much easier to do one build, stage the libs you
> need, then do the other.

I agree with Steve's advice but I tried it anyway.  I think changing the
directory would be trickier than adding a modifier at the end, so that's
what I tried.

(from %ACE_ROOT%\ace)
..\bin\mwc.pl -type vc8 ace.mwc -value_template Debug::lib_modifier=x64d
-value_template Release::lib_modifier=x64 -value_template platforms=x64
-name_modifier *_x64 -apply_project

This generates new .vcproj files that end in _x64, which will in turn
generate libraries that end in x64 (or x64d for Debug).  If you are
using -static it would need slightly different tweaks.

Thanks,
Adam Mitz
Software Engineer
Object Computing, Inc.