[Ace-users] [tao-users] TAO 1.3 SSL/Name Service

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Mar 10 11:06:35 CDT 2008

Hi Harry,

> Is SSLIOP supported by the Naming Service in TAO 1.3?

TAO 1.3 is ANCIENT!  Please upgrade to ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.3 (i.e., ACE
5.6.3, TAO 1.6.3, and CIAO 0.6.3), which you can download from

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu

under the heading: "Latest Beta Kit."

The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt
University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the
latest release, as described in

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

Thus, if you need more "predictable" help for earlier versions of
ACE+TAO, I recommend that you check out

for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial
support.