[Ace-users] [ciao-users] Generating deployment plan - CoSMIC

Sumant Tambe sutambe at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Mar 10 11:44:52 CDT 2008

Hi Andre,

> The buttons were like you described, but the %PATH% was ok.
> Then I registered the "DeploymentPlanComponent.dll" in GME and it worked.

Please register the PICMLManager.dll and PICMLDecorator.dll as well. You
can also try merging the respective .reg files under CoSMIC/bin.

> Now I'm having this unique UUID constraint violation related to my
> component instances and component packages. How do I fix it?

PICMLManager is responsible for generating unique UUIDs. After you
register those two DLLs, simply go and type 0 for UUIDs that are
identified as not unique. PICMLManager should generate a unique UUID for
you. James may have better suggestions as far as unique UUIDs are concerned.

> I'm also having trouble with the plan launcher. When I try to run it,
> I get the following message:
>
> CIAO::Plan_Launcher_i: In ExecutionManager, the Priority Model Policy
> is not exposed. Use non-RT mode.
> (3788|3476) Initializing the Xerces runtime
> CORBA EXCEPTION: user exception, ID 'IDL:Deployment/PlanError:1.0'
> Deployment failed. Plan_Launcher exiting.
>
> Is this related to the unique UUID constraint violation?

It could be. I'm not familiar with the particulars of priority models.
Any one please?

Thanks,

Sumant.