[ace-users] ACE+TAO major changes from ACE+TAO-5.8 to ACE+TAO-6.4.3

Umarani Saravanan -X (umsarava - HCL TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED at Cisco) umsarava at cisco.com
Wed May 3 05:18:22 CDT 2017

    ACE VERSION: 6.4.3

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
        Red Hat Linux 5.1 (32bit)

    TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:
        Red Hat Linux 5.1 (32bit)

    THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE
        #include "ace/config-linux.h"

    THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE
        include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_linux.GNU

    CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features

    AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:

    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
        COMPILATION? NO
        LINKING? NO
        EXECUTION? NO
        OTHER? Change history from 5.8 to 6.4.3

    SYNOPSIS:
        Details of the major changes from ACE+TAO-5.8 to ACE+TAO-6.4.3

        In our project, currently we are using "ACE+TAO-5.8"  We would like to know the changes that have gone in from version "ACE+TAO-5.8" to "ACE+TAO-6.4.3". (We see there are around 40 releases in between these reference and we find very difficult to track the key changes from those ChangeLogs).
        This would help us to analyse if moving to the latest version will solve some of our current issues.
    REPEAT BY:

    SAMPLE FIX/WORKAROUND: