[ace-users] How to provide timeout for read operations in ACE_IOStream

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Sep 11 10:26:12 CDT 2007

Hi Torsten,

> Thank you for your response.

You are quite welcome.  BTW, please send these sorts of questions to the
ACE users mailing list, not to me directly.

> Okay, I'll switch to 5.6 and check out the possibilities to provide a
> timeout but I see, I have to do by my self.

Right, or you could contact one of the companies listed at

for help.  This seems simple enough, however, that you can make the
changes yourself.

> How does it work to submit patches to ACE in principle?

Please take a look at

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

and look at the discussion of "Process for Submitting a Bug Fix".  If
you have any questions please let us know.