[cosmic-users] tao_picml

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Dec 7 15:18:39 CST 2005

Hi Folks,

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 15:04:42 -0600, Wasili Goutas wrote:
> Hi Keith,
>
> also the debug version produces the same error messages.
> Today I decided to remove CoSMIC and GME 5.9.21 and install the released
> version of CoSMIC 0.4.6 and GME 4.11.10. I noticed that a CoSMIC
> installation is still in present on the system and removed it.
> After that I retried to build the release version which this time did
> not report any errors :-)

CoSMIC builds out of the box *without* any errors (if you use the binary
version of dependent libraries from CoSMIC download site).  There should be
no problems with running any of the interpreters in Debug builds.  On
release builds, IDLGenerator and EQAL fail with MSVC71.  But even this
error goes away with vc8.

You need to have GME-5.9.21 if you need to reinterpret the metamodel.
GME-4.11.10 will fail.  Also each version of UDM is closely tied to the
version of GME (as is the version of the binary installer of CoSMIC and
GME), i.e., binary compatibility is not present.  You cannot have two
versions of GME or UDM installed on the same machine.  GME/UDM don't
support upgrades.  You need to first uninstall any previous version(s) and
re-install the new version.  This is true for all versions of
GME/UDM/CoSMIC.

I personally verified that tao_picml.exe (or IDL2PICML.exe if you checkout
from CVS) runs without errors with Quoter.idl.  So as long as you get your
GME/UDM/VC environment setup properly, you shouldn't have any errors.

> I run tao_picml.exe ... without any errors.
> I imported the xme file with the GME 5 version still installed and got
> an successfull result :-)) and no constrains of the model are violated.
> But now the button bar of GME contains to buttons without icon but '??'

This happens when LoadLibraryEx fails, i.e., GME couldn't load the
interpreter because one of the dependent libraries of the interpreter is
not available in PATH.  The easiest way is to load the interpreter in
depends.exe to see which library is missing, and ensure that you add the
path to the missing libraries to your PATH.

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at dre dot vanderbilt dot edu>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt University