[cosmic-users] Error importing xme file created by tao_picml

Prakash Manghwani pmanghwani at bbn.com
Tue Dec 13 15:56:48 CST 2005

     CoSMIC VERSION: 0.4.6

     HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
       i.e., which version of Windows are you using.
         Windows XP Pro,

     TOOL/AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
[Particularly, which tool in CoSMIC is affected? What example failed?
  What module failed to compile?]
         PICML and tao_picml are affected.

     DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
         COMPILATION?
         LINKING?
         EXECUTION?
         OTHER (please specify)?
           xme files created by tao_picml cannot be imported into PICML.
     SYNOPSIS:
[Brief description of the problem]
         PICML does not like to import xme files created by tao_picml, if
one of the idl files has typedef sequence of octets as below.
         typedef sequence<octet> image_type;

[Detailed description of problem.  Don't just say "<blah>
doesn't work, here's a fix," explain what your program does
to get to the <blah> state. ]
         run tao_picml on provided idl file. Attached with this email are 3
files.
1. Batch file that runs tao_picml on idl file and generates xme file.
2. Generated .xme file
3. idl file that is cause of this problem.

     REPEAT BY:
[What you did to get the error; include test program or session
transcript if at all possible.  ]
         Files are attached.
     SAMPLE FIX/WORKAROUND:
[If available ]

     RELATED FILES:
[Please attach the XME file of your model, generated descriptors and code.
  In GME you can use "File->Export XML" menu to generate XME files.]

         Files are attached.

What is the specific order of steps I need to take in order to create a
model of attached idl file in PICML? Specifically, drag and drop what from
where and when?

Thanks
Prakash