[cosmic-users] WG: Constrain check and MPC file generation

Arvind S. Krishna arvindk at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Fri Nov 18 09:04:29 CST 2005

Hi Vasili,

> I also modeled the missed MPC artifacts for my Broker and Distributor parts, generated the workspace and tried to build the Broker example.
> It failed, because of the missing StockBase library. I tried to model the missing MPC artifact, but I'm not sure how.

I looked at the model that you sent us earlier. In your model, particularly
in the Implementation Artifact folder, you have not modeled the dependency between
(1) the Stock_Base artifacts and the Broker or the distributor. In reality, there
is a dependence there right (this artifact needs to be linked with the base
project)? Or is this a mistake from our side in the example
provided to you?

The MPC paradigm automatically figure out the dependencies from the Implementation
Artifacts folder that you have modeled. Currently, the Distributor and Broker
do not have dependency with the Stock_Base, once you add them, hopefully the
MPC should be generated properly. I can double check with the .xme file if you
could please send it to us.

I am also answering your earlier email to me here (Sorry I have my defense next
week and worked up a bit)

You had asked me if I could make a user guide for adding MPC artifacts. I should
have done it, but I did not because of the following: The MPC (model based)
exactly corresponds (at least in theory ;-)) the steps one would do if they
were to write it by hand. So I sort of relied on the MPC user guide provided
by OCI.

But, as I can see, it is sort of confusing with the dependencies etc. At this
moment I do not have time to write the user guide. If you could please contribute
one it would help us tremendously. Otherwise, me (or the next maintainer) of
this paradigm will work on creating one.

> I tried to model it using the Distributor and Broker models as templates (without executor stuff), but was not able to generate a file refence to the imported idl file.
> I will post this problem later and add the project file to it. Actually I have no access to my private project.

Did you drag the IDL file as a reference? If A is including B, then you only
need to add A to the (stub, servant, executor) projects. Could you please
explain why B's reference is required?

Thanks,
Arvind