[cosmic-users] WG: Constrain check and MPC file generation

Wasili Goutas vasili at goutas.de
Sat Nov 19 10:47:00 CST 2005

Hi Arvind,

Arvind S. Krishna wrote:
> Hi Vasili,
>

>>I also modeled the missed MPC artifacts for my Broker and Distributor parts, generated the workspace and tried to build the Broker example.
>>It failed, because of the missing StockBase library. I tried to model the missing MPC artifact, but I'm not sure how.
>

> I looked at the model that you sent us earlier. In your model, particularly
> in the Implementation Artifact folder, you have not modeled the dependency between
> (1) the Stock_Base artifacts and the Broker or the distributor. In reality, there
> is a dependence there right (this artifact needs to be linked with the base
> project)? Or is this a mistake from our side in the example
> provided to you?

I checked the dependencies of the implementation artifact "Broker" and
"Distributor" and noticed, that the only missing dependency is inside
the Broker the missing dependency to the Stock_Base_stub.
I added it, but the Stock_Base lib project seemed not to be generated
anyhow.

> The MPC paradigm automatically figure out the dependencies from the Implementation
> Artifacts folder that you have modeled. Currently, the Distributor and Broker
> do not have dependency with the Stock_Base, once you add them, hopefully the
> MPC should be generated properly. I can double check with the .xme file if you
> could please send it to us.

Thanks for asking, I attached it.

> I am also answering your earlier email to me here (Sorry I have my defense next
> week and worked up a bit)
>
> You had asked me if I could make a user guide for adding MPC artifacts. I should
> have done it, but I did not because of the following: The MPC (model based)
> exactly corresponds (at least in theory ;-)) the steps one would do if they
> were to write it by hand. So I sort of relied on the MPC user guide provided
> by OCI.
>
> But, as I can see, it is sort of confusing with the dependencies etc. At this
> moment I do not have time to write the user guide. If you could please contribute
> one it would help us tremendously. Otherwise, me (or the next maintainer) of
> this paradigm will work on creating one.

Unfortunately I would need such a guide and I'm not able to write one;-)

>>I tried to model it using the Distributor and Broker models as templates (without executor stuff), but was not able to generate a file refence to the imported idl file.
>>I will post this problem later and add the project file to it. Actually I have no access to my private project.
>

> Did you drag the IDL file as a reference?

How can I do this?
Where can I find the idl file inside the PICML project?

If A is including B, then you only
> need to add A to the (stub, servant, executor) projects. Could you please
> explain why B's reference is required?
>
> Thanks,
> Arvind

bye