[cosmic-users] possibilities to import UML diagrams

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Jul 11 10:42:14 CDT 2007

Hi Friedhelm,

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 01:09:37 AM -0500, Friedhelm Wolf wrote:
> kitty,
>
> thanks for the dtd hint. I had a rough look into the it.  As far as I can
> see, it is not so feasible for beeing used to map some UML description to
> a GME model, for it contains graphical information (like position) for
> it's elements, which would have to be "invented" somehow to create such a
> file without GUI.

No, you don't need to fill in the graphical information.  GME will
automatically place them in the top left-hand corner.  But you could
probably use the approach that idl_to_picml.exe uses.  Essentially, place
them across the diagonal of a matrix.  Unless you have a large number of
elements, it should be trivial to change it if you need to later on after
opening the model in GME.

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at dre dot vanderbilt dot edu>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt University