[gme-users] OCL supertypes

Zoltan Molnar zolmol at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Oct 12 17:43:04 CDT 2005

Hi,

Answer for 1) A supertype is the same as basetype. In the specific case
Ocl:Integer is a derived type from Ocl:Real, so Ocl:Integer's supertype
is Ocl:Real. You can think of this relation as a generalization -
specialization relation. The higher the type is in the hierarchy (base
classes on top, derived classes below) the more general concept it
represents. The lower the type is, the more specialized is the concept.
Available operations/methods for a type, are the ones that are defined
for it, and the ones that are defined for its basetypes.

Zoli