[gme-users] Re: Small question and discussion forums

Matthew J. Emerson mjemerson at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Feb 23 10:12:43 CST 2006

Hi Zawar,

Although GME is supposed to automatically generate and enforce multiplicity-based constraints, I find the error messages given when such constraints are violated to be not-so-user-friendly. So, I prefer to always write an OCL constraint so that I can provide a detailed error message.

The OCL constraint you're looking for it:

	self.parts(meta::BaseType)->size < 2

The context of the constraint should be your Any class. The "On new child" trigger should be set to true.

HTH,
Matt