[gme-users] Java Interpreter Exception-----Help!!!

Daniel Thonon v2.thonon at free.fr
Mon Nov 6 09:18:46 CST 2006

Hello,

For the first point, I misunderstood the example and put the classes in
the wrong directory. For example, the Example.class of this example
resides in D:\mystuff\classes\foo\bar\ and not directly in
D:\mystuff\classes\
I still have not found how to call class in other jar files : adding it
to the CLASSPATH variable does not seem to work and adding it to the
Classpath in JavaCompRegister.exe does not work at all. Does someone
know how to do it ?

Thanks

Daniel Thonon a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I tried something similar, but I never managed to make it work like
> this. I had to bundle my classes in gme.jar. In fact, any class
> outside gme.jar does not work. I tried to load them with
> URLClassLoader, which does not raise any exception but the class is
> still not accessible. Has someone managed to use external jars and how
> should I do it ?
> Configuration :
>
>    * GME 6.5.8
>    * Java 1.5.0_09
>
> Thanks
>
> John K Black a écrit :
>> Hi Adi,
>>
>> Is your interpreter in a package?  For example, let's say your
>> class looks like:
>>
>>   package foo.bar;
>>
>>   public class Example {
>>     // blah
>>   }
>>
>> If you generate your .class files into D:/mystuff/classes, then
>> in JavaCompRegister.exe you would have:
>>
>>   ClassPath: D:\mystuff\classes
>>
>>   Class: foo.bar.Example
>>
>> -John
>>

>> gme-users-bounces at list.isis.vanderbilt.edu wrote on 10/27/2006
>> 08:21:25 AM:
>>

>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I have built BON interpreter in Java, and able to register it
>>> successfully using "RegisterComponent.exe" program. When I ran the
>>> interpreter in the model, it is throwing an exception as shown in
>>> the attached figure.
>>> I guess this might be due to the class path problem. I have given
>>> the Interpreter folder path as the class path and the Example.class
>>> as the class name.
>>>
>>> Is there any problem with this?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Adi[attachment "temp.bmp" deleted by John K Black/US/Raytheon]