[great-users] Any way to compile with optimizations disabled?

Gabriele Trombetti gabtromb at isis.vanderbilt.edu
Sun Nov 14 18:28:30 CST 2004

Hi all,
upgrading to the latest GReAT we had a problem: the new GReAT compiles
(with VC6) much more, before running the transformation, than it used to
do in the previous version. Now the .cpp and .h files coming from the
metas are also compiled, and here is the problem: the VC6 optimizer does
not like our PICML.cpp and hangs up (loops). So we are stuck and cannot
use GReAT anymore.
In facts GReAT unfortunately compiles everything with the /O2 flag
(optimize speed).
Is there any way to tell the new GReAT to compile with /Od (no
optimizations), or not to compile the metas at all? (like the previous
version was doing...)

Thanks
Gabriele