[Ace-users] Corba IDL mappings for C are not updated?

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at tango.dre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Oct 18 21:24:00 CDT 2007

Hi Alessio,

>thanks for your very quick replies (as on the CIAO ml).

You are quite welcome.

>My concern is that indeed I'm just exploring the lwCCM specs, and
>apparently, to my knowledge (I've spent some time googling):
>
>1) it does not exist *just* a lwCCM profile implementation, but only
>full CCM implementations (MICO, CIAO, ..)

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but CIAO is definitely *not* a
full CCM implementation, but rather a LwCCM implementation.  I can't
speak for MICO so you'll need to contact them.

>2) among those, there isn' t a pure C implementation

Again, I can't speak for anyone besides CIAO, but it is most certainly
NOT a pure C implementation for the reason I mentioned in my original
email below, i.e., lack of interest from sponsors/customers.

>The (2) point I think it's forcely like that, given the fact there is
>no updated C mapping specification, so I wonder how a pure C
>implementation could exist..

That is indeed a good question.  Again, I advise you that looking for
a C implementation of CCM - or an updated CORBA to C mapping of IDL -
is a quixotic quest..

>Could you confirm on the two points?

I hope this answer helps - even if it's not the answer you are looking for!

Nashville, TN 37203                          NET: d.schmidt at vanderbilt.edu