[Ace-users] [tao-users] QoS timeout policy

Christian Fromme christian at ast.dfs.de
Wed Oct 31 04:13:56 CDT 2007

Hi List,

TAO VERSION: 1.5
ACE VERSION: 5.5

HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5130  @ 2.00GHz
Linux 2.6.16.21-0.8-smp #1 SMP i386 GNU/Linux

TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:
COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
gcc version 3.4.3

DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
    COMPILATION?
        No.
    LINKING?
        No.
    EXECUTION?
        Yes.

SYNOPSIS:
Does Messaging::RELATIVE_RT_TIMEOUT_POLICY_TYPE affect _narrow()?
I have a client orb set up with
Messaging::RELATIVE_RT_TIMEOUT_POLICY_TYPE set to 1 sec on Orb level
according to http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/PDF/C++-report-col19.pdf.
The narrow() for the object I am trying to invoke hangs since about 30
minutes. Is there anything I can do to set a timeout for narrow()?

SAMPLE FIX/WORKAROUND:
None.

TIA,
Christian Fromme