[Ace-users] Can I upgrade Notification Service without rebuilding my app ?

alexisbietti alexisbietti at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 04:01:21 CDT 2007

Dear TAO community,

    TAO VERSION: 1.4
    ACE VERSION: 5.4

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
        Windows XP SP2, Windows 2000 Server

    COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
        MS Visual Studio .Net 2003 (7.1)

    THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE : config-win32.h

    AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
        NT_Notify_Service

    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
        COMPILATION? NO
        LINKING? NO
        EXECUTION? YES
        OTHER (please specify)? NO

    SYNOPSIS:
        I have detected a possible memory leak in the Notification
Service and
        I would like to upgrade it to the latest version (1.6).
        Is it possible to use the NT_Notify_Service version 1.6 with
my old application
        built with TAO 1.4 ?
        What are the possible side effects of this ?

--
Alexis Bietti