[Ace-users] Re: [tao-users] TAO Concurrency

Steve Totten totten_s at ociweb.com
Sat Sep 8 03:06:12 CDT 2007

Douglas C. Schmidt wrote:

> By "this topic" I meant specifically whether select_st could safely be
> used with thread-per-connection!

I see.  No, I don't think it is specifically covered in either
the TAO Developer's Guide or the TAO FAQ.  I could not find a
test in TAO that combines these two settings, either.

While I can't think of any negative side effects of combining
these two settings, other than the problem you mentioned about
the threads spawned by the reactor trying to call back into the
reactor, I could be missing something.  (Actually, now that I
think about it, there could be some restrictions on outgoing
invocations from the spawned threads, such as not being able to
use the relative round-trip timeout policy.)

Perhaps Hector would be willing to put together a test case and
let us know what he finds?  It would be great to add such a test
to the TAO code base!

Steve